Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Deadly News





Early last week I received some shattering medical life changing news from my doctor.  Throughout ones Christian life you may wonder how we might react to such news.  Some may fall into a deep dark depression, cursing the very ground we walk upon.  Others will remember those we love, cherishing the memories of our lives. Whereas others will continue to give praises to Adonai, singing of His goodness and mercy.  After all, it is easy to say what we will do, but it is only after we receive the news from our doctors that we can truly put our souls to the test.


So it was early last week when I spoke to my doctor and I learned of my liver disease that my own reaction was put to my own personal test.  I was amazed where my thoughts drifted to as my gastroenterologist continued to speak on and on about my medical condition.  All I could think about was my eight-year old daughter Sarahfay, my wife Kolleen, the millions of Lost souls across this world and my oldest and best friend Merrill who I don't get to speak to much any more (he is also Lost).  For as long as the doctor spoke, and that was at least another 15 minutes or so; I remained only half in on the conversation.  All I could think was how do I tell Sarahfay?  How do I tell Kolleen?  How can I reach the Lost?  How can I reconnect with Merrill?


It is amazing what your mind thinks when you hear news that could be deadly.  And it is a true test of your soul.  For me, I believe it was a test of what is important in my life.  In my life what is important is my family, my God and the mission that my God has given me, to reach the Lost.  So let me ask you, what is important in your life?  Do you need to hear deadly news from your doctor to find out what it is or do you already know?  I pray you already know.


Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment