Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fire From a Gay Marriage Post





I have seemed to throw myself in the fire by a single Facebook status comment.  Several days ago I spoke out again the Conan O'Brian show on TBS.  Conan held a authentic gay marriage on his show.  Because I said on Facebook that it is wrong and un-Biblical people are now calling me ignorant, foolish, homo-phobic and a few other derogatory  terms.  Even at home I am told that my opinion was judgmental.  But I disagree.  As a Bible literalist I cannot ignore the fact that the Bible speaks out against homosexuality.  Allow me to present some verses that apply to this line of thinking:


And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Gen 1:26-28 (KJV)  

God declares that it is a man and a woman who should replenish the earth.  



21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. 23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. 24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Gen 2:21-24 (KJV)  

It is a man and a woman who can be married as one flesh.  There has never been a verse of the Bible that sanctions gay marriage.


3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.  Gen 6:3 (KJV)


It is human beings that attempt to rationalize same-sex marriage.  It was when the Spirit of God left mankind that we moved towards advocating homosexuality.  

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Lev 20:13 (KJV)


This is a big one!  Here Torah (the Law) strictly forbids gay sex.  From the beginning Judaism taught against homosexuality  


And please allow me to clarify the purpose of this blog; it is not to bash homosexuals, but to clarify that homosexual sex, with men or woman, is against Torah.  There is noting wrong with being gay, only acting upon the lustful thoughts bring about true sin.



9  Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.  1 Cor 6:9-10 (KJV)


This just one passage from the Brit Chadashah (New Testament).  Many others exist.


As I stated being a homosexual is fine.  I love my fellow man as I love myself.  But homosexual acts and deeds are wrong.  What Conan O'Brian televised was wrong.


I know many people will react badly to my posts and I am truly sorry for any ill feelings that might arise.  But to not speak a Bible truth is a heavy responsibility I hold dear.  As I said many years ago when I gave my family a copy of my testimony in the book The Road to God; people may not like what I have to say, but I am saying it!  It is because I love my neighbor as myself that I am willing to go on the firing line of this issue.


Lord I give you thanks and praise for all the many blessings in my life.  Homosexuality is a tough subject to tackle and I pray that we may all turn to your Word for guidance.  I pray that I may continue to love all humankind, whether we our straight or gay.  Your are truly the Rock that stand higher then I.  In Jesus' name, Amen.