Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Why We Should Support Israel, Part II




I must admit that I am a stubborn man.  That when I truly come to accept an idea I will hold onto that concept like a dog will hold onto a dried pig ear.  For those who personally know me at my church, some of those views are pretty easy to figure out.  For those of you around the globe who only know me through my writings I would have to say that my passions pretty much play around my family, those views listed in  The Road to God Ministry mission statement, and finally my Jewishness of which I am proud to be.  And for my beliefs, and this is all opinion, part of being a proper Biblical Jew is being a Zionist, standing up and defending Israel.  I believe this is the duty of all Jews, whether they be in Eretz Yisrael (the land of Israel) or in Diaspora (exile).  Yet, I also feel this is the duty of all true Christians, all true Biblical Children of God  Why?

In my first blog of why we should support Israel I discussed the false doctrine of Replacement Theology.  And because that teaching is false we know that the promises made to the Jewish people are still in force today.  The truth is that there has always been Jewish believers in Messiah, albeit a minuscule amount during the years of the Crusades and Inquisition and such, but they have always been there.  I can say this with conviction as a Biblical literalist because of Paul's writings in Romans:

1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying, 3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. 4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. 5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.  Romans 11:1-5 

The promises that were made from Avraham (Abraham) all the way down through to the end at the last of Tribulation shall always have at least one recipient.  Romans 11 is saying there shall be at least one Jewish recipient.  

So why should we support Israel?  Because Adonai gave us specific boundaries as to where the Promised Land was to be and who it was to be given to.  As long as there is at least one recipient alive to live in that land and fulfill God's promise then that land is theirs, regardless of who else makes a secular political claim to that land.


Now that you have heard some of my poignant views of why we should be supporting Israel, I would really like to hear your thoughts on the subject.  Send me your opinion via leaving a comment on this blog or by e-mail at theroadtogodministry@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment