Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Thorns of the Flesh

Apostle Paul

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

2 Cor 12:7-10 


I am having a rough day today.  I am suffering from both a migraine and an attack of my chromic pancreatitis.  In truth, I have one of my brothers in Christ standing by to drive me to the emergency room since my wife is off at work till the early morning hours.  


So why, you may be asking yourselves, am I writing about this, especially when I am in such pain?  Well, it is  not for pity's sake, but for the testimony unto Yeshua.  For just as the Apostle Paul wrote unto the church of Corinth he was given a thorn of the flesh for a purpose.  In Paul's case it was so that he might not rise above himself, that his pride may not be risen.  Why might I have thorns in the flesh, why may you?  I can not say with exceeding assurance.  But I can say with strong faith that the thorns we bear can be borne as the Word state in verse 9, that "My grace is sufficient for thee."  And the greater we bear our thorns with a strength of fortitude towards those who may be weak in their faith or Lost, then we our truly giving testimony as strong as  discussing how Christ can change our daily lives.


Precious Adonai, I pray that we each may learn to bear our personal thorns of the flesh in a manner that brings a true and proper testimony to you.  May we each find our true inner strength that only comes through faith in Yeahua the Messiah.  In His Holy name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment