Monday, March 21, 2011

Revival

Dr. George Griffis


We had quite a week at church since last Sunday...the church revival was amazing!  Our main preacher was Dr. George Griffis of Camp Victory down in Kentucky.  We also had a pastor's conference for two days which brought in many pastor's all representing Midwestern Baptist College which is located in Pontiac, Michigan.  I am not sure of the exact number, but we had around 17-21 people make their confessions of faith and yesterday we had seven baptisms.  Wow!  But it just wasn't the salvations or the baptisms that the revival stirred that was so incredible, it was the fire that was rekindled in the hearts of the saved, the church members.  I was a personal witness to an incredible miracle of the Holy Spirit, for I watched as the entire church, from the four-year-olds to the elderly became inflamed with a new desire to do God's will; a desire that has been absent for some time.


Now I do have to admit a small truth here...as a Jewish believer this was my first real revival.  The time I spent worshiping with Messianic Jewish congregations were "stale and stiff" compared to what had occurred this past week.  Please do not mistake that statement with a Charismatic declaration of faith.  It is I know for a fact that in my old congregation I never would have felt the Spirit like I did this past week.  It is just like what Dr. Griffis said, "There is nothing like a good old fashioned Hellfire and brimstone sermon."  It's true.


Precious Lord, I thank you for that mighty blessings that you have given us and I pray that you fill our hearts full of revival.  Allow us to live each day for you and let us spend each day in Your Word.  This I pray in the name of Your Son Yeshua.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment