Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"The Lord is my Portion"



I know I have been absent for awhile on The Road to God Ministry website and blog.  You have my apologies for that, I have been battling some serious health issues.


I was in a doctor's waiting room today, fretting about another series of pokes and prods on my failing liver when Adonai laid a verse of the Bible on my soul.  It reads:


"The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I hope in Him!"  Lamentations 3:24


Here was an obscure verse from the weeping-prophet Yira-may-hu (Jeremiah) who had his own personal conflict when he his from the Babylonians by hiding in the sewers of Jerusalem.  So it was here in a doctor's waiting room that the Spirit entered me and turned my day into a joyous one.  


"The Lord is my portion,"  what does this mean?  For me the verse means that I have been given salvation through Messiah Yeshua and it is not my job to fret anxiously but to keep all of my hopes on high.  After all, it is Yeshua that broke the bonds of condemnation, the least I could do is have a little trust that Adonai will make it better and wipe away my tears of pain, nausea, and disease.


God bless all of you who continue to visit or blog and website.  My heart is overjoyed with gratitude for all of you who have taken some extra time in your life to pray for me and the ministry.