Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Burning the Koran...Again?





I have been out of touch as of late due to some personal and family health concerns.  Still when I got home this evening I flipped on the local news station.  The news report I saw honestly disturbed me to no end.  Perhaps you may  remember some time back that Pastor Terry Jones of the Dove World Outreach Center in Florida planned to burn copies of the Koran on September 11, 2010.  This controversial act was the cause of world wide acts of protest not only by the Muslim community, but by Jews and Christians as well.  Finally, just a day before the event Pastor Terry Jones decided to call off the book burning.


Now Pastor Terry Jones is back, this time in Dearborn, Michigan; the site of the largest mosque in America, the Islamic Center of America.  Pastor Jones has filed a permit with the city of Dearborn to hold a gathering at the mosque to burn the Korans under his first amendment right.  Thankfully, the city of Dearborn has denied this permit but will allow the Pastor to hold his rally in the Dearborn free speech zones.


As Christians we each know the one true path to God, "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.  (John 14:6).  Yet, it is not our place as Christians to force others, and I am referring to those who are Lost (including Muslims) to our way of thinking.  It is when we act like Pastor Terry Jones, with these acts of hatred, then we are no better then those who perpetuated the Crusades.


Precious Lord, during this Pesach I pray that the sacrifice of the Paschal Lamb may give us each pause to look beyond ourselves and find the hope of salvation that is Christ Yeshua.  In His name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment