Friday, May 13, 2011

Most Important Bible Lesson


Since my return from the hospital, yesterday was the first time I had my wife and daughter home and let me tell you it was an answer to many prayers!  The first ministry God gave human kind was the institution of the family and I can with some honest testimony let me say that my family was in serious disarray, for we were apart. Now we were not apart for emotional or negative reasons; no, we were separated because of physical heath issues.  But it wasn't until yesterday that the physical rift in that ministry of our family became healed.  

Precious Lord, I thank You for answering prayers.  I know in truth You answer ALL prayers whether or not we are receptive to the outcome, thus I pray that we, in particular I, gain more faith to accept Your will.  I pray this in the name of Your Son and Messiah, Yeshua.  Amayn. 


So with my family home I was able to resume my nightly Bible readings with my 8-year old daughter last night.  Now Sarahfay (SF) and I are the only two Jewish believers in Messiah in our whole family.  Kolleen is a Gentile and if she would have to be put into a denomination it would have to be an Independent Fundamentalist Baptist  (take that 20/20!).  So SF and I often talk about Bible stories and how they affected the Jewish communities in the past, in the present and how they will in the future.


Last night we started read from the King James Bible on the Gospel of Mark, Chapter 1.  Let me just say we did not get very far.  For our discussion took on a very important turn, one that I feel would keep us away from many Messianic Jewish circles.






It went something like this:  


"you know how important my Jewish heritage is to me, right?, I asked.


"Yes, daddy", she answered.  


"And you know how important it is for me that you come to understand your Jewish heritage too, right?"  


She relied with a quick, "Mmm, hmm."  


"Well, I want you to listen to me baby, and look at me for this may be the most important lesson I teach you...nothing is more important then the Word of God; not our heritage, not church, not people, not momma or daddy, nothing.  The Bible says the Word of God is Jesus and Jesus is the Word.  We can know the Word through the Bible, and that makes this Bible your most important possession you own.  This is your connection to God.  Do you understand?"  


"Yes Daddy."


So my question to you is...do you understand?


El Shaddai, God Almighty, Adonai Sabaoth, Lord of Hosts, I pray you walk with us and grant us this wisdom to know that you are the Word of God.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment