Sunday, February 10, 2013

Victory is Mine!





Today was a momentous day for me!  I made it to Sunday worship at church!  I know that doesn't sound too exciting.  Anyone, and I do mean anyone who suffers from gastroparesis (GP) will often believe that leaving the house is quite "dangerous", as we GPers will often randomly vomit.  This factor has been the central reason I have been absent from church.  Still, it was great to be there!  Victory!!

I must admit that there where other reasons I was not attending church.  One reason is the aforementioned random puking.  Another reason was due to a "barrier" or "wall" that I placed between the Holy Spirit and myself   I have known all along that this rift between God and I was of my own making.  I always knew it was not Adonai's fault for my condition, the fault arises through sin.  "It rains on the rich as well as the poor."  My only excuse is that I have been a washed in a sea of digestive illness for over 18 months.  What I label as my daily stomach flu.  All I could think about is the next five minutes, just get through the next five.  Yet, through my GP symptoms I have learned a huge lesson on humility and the destruction of pride.  Believe me, you can be in no humbler of a state when your sleeping on the bathroom floor at four o' clock in the morning.  Victory!



Finally, I was also absent from the church because of certain individuals I was having trouble with (not the pastor).  One of the good things about my condition (which are hard to find) was the lesson that feelings, factual or imaginary, are meaningless in our love, fear and worship of the Lord.  We cannot allow ourselves to become in fear of anyone at any church.  So I stopped it.  Victory!

With that in mind please note that I take it as a special event when I can get out the house.  Thus making it to church today was so uplifting for me.  Make no mistake, I did run to the bathroom to vomit once.  But regardless, I WAS THERE! 

I want to especially thank KM for her help with the Ministry's blog.  Your kindness really did help in breaking down that barrier between the Spirit and I.  Thank you for bringing back Victory to the Ministry.



Be sure to checkout our FACEBOOK page @: